Today is Thursday and I woke up late and ate my breakfast vegetarian and drink my black tea and I looked out side the window , rain was falling and weather is wet and I went to see my backyard outside my house and I was walking and going to my vegetable patch area and I find surprisingly few leaves still surviving , I find few mint leaves , some collard greens and dandelion leaves . I think I am going to write about dandelion salad and dandelion root tea that is good for many ailments are native to European countries and Italy and when Europeans settled in north America they used Dandelion leaves as salad and as vegetable. Some people used them by boiling because some of them has bitter taste, but the young Dandelion leaves can be used in salad because they are less bitter. Dandelion leaves are full of vitamins like folate, magnesium, phosphorus and copper, vitamin c and Ca and vitamin E. and soluble fiber. Its scientific name is Taraxacum officinale and grows in grass and backyard itself, very easy to find and used in salads. Now we are going to write some of good effects of dandelion.
- Antioxidants present in dandelion leave s neutralizes the bad effect of free radicals and good for fighting against cancer cells.
- Beta carotene present in dandelions helps to repair cellular damage and oxidative stress.
- Phenolic compounds present help to reduce aging and certain diseases.
- Dandelion tea helps to reduce inflammation and bruising especially lung inflammation.
- Chicoric and chlorogenic compounds present help to reduce blood sugar levels and good to control certain types of diabetes specially in animals.
- Bioactive compounds present in dandelion leaves helps to reduce cholesterol level and helped to reduce fat .
- According to herbal medicine dandelion leaves has diuretic effect on body.
- Dandelion leaves help to detoxify the body by reducing swelling in certain organs.
- Potassium present in dandelion leaves helps to reduce blood pressure.
- Dandelion leaves helps to detoxify liver cells.
Overall dandelions are very helpful in certain cases and very good to reduce stress levels and detoxify the body. I think I am going to right dandelion tea recipe that is helpful to reduce inflammation in certain cases.
- Take 2 cups of clean drinking water.
- Few dandelion leaves.
Boil the water in pot with dandelion leaves and simmer it for few minutes and off the heat and then pour into cup and add teaspoon of honey in it and drink the tea, 2 times a day. It will help. I will find another healthy leaves for salad and tea tomorrow that is healthy and useful for humans. Bye for now.