Today is Wednesday November 11. Its almost afternoon and after taking bath and eating our breakfast we made tea and try to drink it while writing our new blog. Weather is cloudy outside and looks like rain is arriving and weather is gloomy. We watered some of our plants hopefully they will thrive. We will check water level of our plants tomorrow. I think I need to write about something new. I think we can write about cucumber and its benefits. Cucumber has cultivated about 3000 years ago in India and so many varieties of cucumbers in Asia, Europe north America. Cucumbers belongs to family Cucurbits and are annual. Its scientific name of cucumber is Cucumis sativus belongs to gourd family. Other members of family cucurbits are Zucchini, Squash, pumpkin etc. cucumbers has many vitamins that are good for you. Cucumbers has vitamin, B and C and minerals like Copper and Phosphorus and Mg Mn and beta carotene, fiber. Natural trace amount of sugar, polyphenols and lignans. Now I am going to write about some benefits of cucumbers
- Cucumbers are very good for digestive system because of fiber and water present in it. It helps to relieve constipation.
- Cucumber helps to reduce weight and lowers cholesterol because of its benefits.
- Because cucumbers are filling because of fiber helps to regulate insulin levels.
- Cucumbers are very helpful to strengthen bones and vitamin k helps to improve elasticity of muscles.
- Polyphenols are very good to fight against diseases.
- Antioxidants present in it help to improve health and good for you.
- I think overall cucumbers are recommended in everyday diet to feel light healthy and they have cooling effect on body.
- Cucumber juice helps to reduce stress and malnutrition.
- Cucumbers are very refreshing for body and their regular use reduces the body odor.
So regular use of cucumbers are good and healthy, they are versatile to use in salad, juice and other vegetarian dishes. Now we are going to write cucumber salad recipe.
- I cup of diced cucumber.
- 1 cup of diced tomatoes.
- Few leaves of mint.
- 1Cup of diced sweet potatoes.
- 2 table spoons of lemon juice.
- Pinch of salt.
Mix all the ingredients and together eat your recommended salad you will feel well nourished. I hope you guys will like today’s recipe. I hope we will find another healthy ingredient to write about and until then good bye because I am making my salad and taking its beautiful picture before we eat it.