Today is November & and we woke up, took bath and came down in the kitchen, made cup of tea and while sipping it decided to write article on our basil seeds. I think its going to be unique experience and grows in Asian countries then to the subtropical e and lets Basil seeds belongs to family Lamiaceae and grows in Asian countries and some regions of Africa and America only in warm weather. Seeds are tiny and can be grown next year when the weather is warm during spring time next year. Its scientific name is Ocimum basilicum and belongs to kingdom plantae. Basil has medicinal properties and can be used in ayurvedic and Chinese medicine. Now we are going to write health benefits of basil seeds. Basil seeds has vitamins like magnesium, calcium, flavonoids and polyphenols and omega 3s, and Iron and antioxidants.
- Antioxidants present in basil seeds are very helpful fight against cold and flu viruses.
- Polyphenols helps to reduce inflammation.
- Calcium present in basil seeds are very helpful in bone health.
- Magnesium helps to increase elasticity of muscles and very good for heart health.
- Omega 3s present in basil seeds are very helpful to reduce harmful fat we called cholesterol.
- Mineral Iron present in very helpful to cure anemia.
- Due to anticancer properties basil is very helpful to reduce cancer cells.
- Basil oil is very good to put on skin to reduce skin blemishes.
- Basil tea is very good to reduce cough and helps to breathe easy.
I think we write enough about basil seed benefits. I think basil leaves can be used in making pesto and used in various kinds of dishes for its unique aroma and flavor. Let’s write a recipe of basil tea.
- One fourth of teaspoon of basil seeds.
- I table spoon of wild honey.
- One and half cup of clean water.
Put all the ingredients in a pot and simmer the basil seeds with water. Lower the stove and once the water is warm off the stove cover the pot with lid and let it seep for 5 minutes then off the heat and pour it in to one cup and add 1 teaspoon of honey or drink it sugar free sip by sip . It will help to reduce congestion and cough. I think todays article is good and will help someone. I think I am going to write about another article when we able to find another kinds of seeds.