Today is Monday and november2 and I think weather is turning windy and cold and we are going to write about purple onions and their benefits for health. Purple onions are native to 3 parts of the world, Romania, Italy, and USA. Purple onions are grown worldwide for its unique taste and flavor. Its scientific name is Allium cepa. Plant is annual and is belongs to Amaryllis family. Onions are grown around 7000 years ago. Compounds present in onions are quercetin, xylose, allyl sulfides, flavonoids, thiosulphates, selenium and sulfur. Now we are going to write about health benefits and side effects of onions. Medicinal properties of onions are known since ancient times.
- Onions have lots of nutrients and vitamins and minerals. Onions are very helpful to boost immune system because of presence of anti-oxidants in it.
- Vitamin C present in onions are very good to protect against cellular damage caused by unstable molecules.
- Vitamin B and folate present in onions are very good for metabolism and nerve function.
- Presence of potassium present in onions very helpful in muscle contraction and fluid balance.
- Antioxidants name quercetin present in onions helps to reduce cholesterol and very good for heart health.
- Flavonoid present in onions have ant-inflammatory effect that protects against blood clots.
- Antioxidants present in onions are very healthy in cure of bad cancer cells and free radicals.
- Anthocyanins present in onions are very heart healthy
- And helps to lower the risk of diabetes in older people.
I think I wrote my article for today and I will write tomorrow about another healthy vegetarian ingredient.