Today is Saturday. As usual I woke up in the morning and took my bath and did my little bit of meditation and came down and made breakfast and a cup of tea with ginger, fennel and cinnamon. Then I ate my breakfast and my cup of tea and went outside in my backyard and sit on my chair and took a sip of my organic tea and were on facebook and after learning lot of stuff I came inside to do my house work and then decided to write my next blog on organic oranges. I think I am going to write on organic oranges first their history and their family. Oranges originated in southern China and then to India. Oranges are cultivated around worldwide and admired for their fragrance and flavor.
its scientific name is citrus sinensis and it belongs to family Rutaceae. Chemical compounds present in orange Limonene, Citric acid, fiber, folic acid, potassium and choline, and vitamin C and antioxidants. Now I am going to write some of the benefits of mandarin oranges.
- Potassium present in orange juice is very good for nervous system.
- Fiber present in oranges helps to remove constipation.
- Vitamin C present in oranges helps to clear skin and acnes.
- Flavonoids present in orange peels are full of antioxidants that fight against diseases.
- Phyto chemical in citrus fruits are very healthy against viruses and bacteria.
- Vitamin C present in orange juice helps to fight against flu and colds.
- Carotenoids present in orange peel contains Vitamin A that is very good for eyesight.
- Dietary fiber and Vitamin C present in orange juice helps to reduce cholesterol.
- Oranges also contain Naringenin and naringin that are very helpful fight against viruses.
- Polyphenols present helps to reduce inflammation.
- Antioxidants present in orange juice helps to boost immunity.
- Nutrients present in oranges helps to improve digestion.
- Calcium present in oranges helps to improve bone health.
- Orange peels rich in folate and anticancer properties due to presence of limonene.
- Orange peels also contains thiamine and vitamin B6 that is very helpful in heart condition.
- Copper, calcium and magnesium present in oranges helps to reduce blood pressure.
I think I am done for today and I am going to write another blog tomorrow. now I am going to write another recipe of orange juice with a hint of mint and Himalayan salt and a sprig of rosemary in it.