Today is Monday and I woke up and took my bath and I meditated a little bit and came in the kitchen. Made my breakfast and made a cup of tea for me and decided to do my work. Before that I put my dog out so he can enjoy outdoors, and I can work peacefully without any disturbance. I think eating stuffed grape leaves originated in turkey and dates back to Mediterranean, middle east and beyond. Grape leaves are the leaves of grape vines that are used in middle eastern cuisine for long time. Today I am going to write about its family and medicinal uses too. Grape leaves contains compounds like catechins, flavonoids, tannins, malic, silicic, citric, tartaric and succinic acids. It contains minerals like Iron, potassium, zinc, manganese and calcium and several bioactive compounds that are essential for healthy living. Grape leaves grow on grape vines and belong to family Vitaceae and genus vitis. Some of the medicinal properties of grape leaves are
- grapes leaves are anti-inflammatory effect on body. It reduces swelling and relieve pain
- Grape leaves are very helpful to lower glycemia and effects blood sugar level.
- According to the studies grape leaf extract helps to reduce edema and very good for blood vascular system causes less strain.
- Grape leaves are used to treat diarrhea.
- Grape leave tea is very good for stomach aches and pains.
- Grape leaves are very helpful in regulating menstrual flow.
- Grape leaves have antioxidants that helps to fight diseases.
- Grape leaves have antimicrobial properties helps to reduce germs and viruses.
- Grape leave extract improves Oxygen level because of presence of iron in them.
- Grape leaves are rich in omega-3 that is very healthy for diet.
- Grape leaves are very healthy for bone health due to presence of calcium and magnesium and Vitamin K.
- Dietary fiber present in grape leaves are very health for colon cleansing and relieving constipation.
- Vitamin C present in grape leaves helps to clear skin and blemishes.
- Grape leaves contain Folate and vitamin B6 and Vitamin B12.
I think I wrote enough today about benefits of grape leaves for healthy living. Now I am going to write a grape tea recipe with a touch of honey to enjoy.
- 2 cups of plain clean water.
- 4 grape leaves.
- 2 teaspoons of honey.
Take a small pot. Add 2 cups of water and put grape leaves in it and simmer it for 5 minute and off the heat pour into a cup and add teaspoon of honey and present it with mint leaf on it. Enjoy. Its healthy and beneficial for you. I think I am going to write my next blog later until then goodbye. I hope you guys will enjoy todays tea recipe.