It is Friday sept 11 and I woke up as usual took bath and came down in the kitchen and made my breakfast and cup of tea with cardamoms and fennel and Irish tea then went outside and drank my cup of tea and then came inside to write my next blog of the day.
Pumpkins are native to central America and spread across globe via explorers and trade route. Then they are found in north America, Europe, Asia, Australia. Mini pumpkins are tender and mild and slightly sweet taste. Mini pumpkins are available in the fall through winter. Mini pumpkins are belonging to Cucurbitaceae family along with gourd and squash and classified as Cucurbita pepo. Mini pumpkins contain vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin, iron, potassium and Magnesium. Orange color of pumpkins are due to carotenoid pigments including beta- cryptoxanthin, alpha and beta carotene and pro vitamins. It is very nutritious and healthy. It contains some other minerals thiamin, niacin, Iron zinc and potassium. Now I am going to write health benefits of pumpkins.
Antioxidants present in pumpkins reduce the risk of cancer.
Polysaccharides present in pumpkin plant extract helps to reduce blood glucose levels.
- Vitamin C present helps in absorption of calcium in the body.
- Vitamin A present in it helps to reduce macular degeneration.
- Fiber present in it helps to relieve constipation and reduce the risk of colon cancer.
- Vitamins present in it helps to boost immune system to fight infections.
- Beta carotene present in it helps to improve
tissue health of liver.
- Pumpkins make you feel full so help in weight loss.
- Potassium present in calcium helps to reduce risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Beta-cryptoxanthin helps to reduce disorders of inflammation.
- Pumpkins are rich in tryptophan an amino acid which balanced the production of serotonin that helps down the mind to sleep better.
- Zinc present in it prevents prostate cancer.
- Magnesium present in it helps to relax nervous system.
I think I wrote a nice article on mini organic pumpkins and and its health benefits. I think I am going to write a delicious and nutritious mini pumpkin soup recipe for my health articles of organic living and growing well in America.
- I cup of pumpkin pulp.
- Half cup of chopped onions.
- 1 green chili pepper.
- Pinch of salt.
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- 2 cups of plain water.
- Get a pot and put 2 tablespoons of olive oil and saute them then add garlic and chopped chili pepper and pinch of salt then pumpkin puree. After sauteing for 2 minutes add 2 cups of water boil it. Then off the flame and let it cool down before you feel like eating it. Then enjoy the soup with some whole grain organic bread.