Today is Thursday. As usual I woke up and I took bath and did my meditation and then came down eat my breakfast and drink glass of a water and then I went outside. Weather is little bit rainy today and much cooler and I am just waiting to drink another cup of tea that could be refreshing and minty today. I think I am going to write my blog on herb that is very beneficial and fragrant and good for you.
Mint has very unique history and is very common in Ancient Athens and introduced to romans and England. Mint is used in Middle eastern dishes and in Asian countries. It dates to biblical times. There are almost 25 varieties of mint worldwide. That are used in medicines and everyday cooking for its health benefits and tremendous potential to grow. It is a perennial plant and very fragrant herb. It belongs to family Lamiaceae and native to Eurasia, North America commonly used as peppermint and spearmint. Essential oil of mint is used in herbal medicine. Have purple, pink and white flowers. They are crowded at terminal spike of mint varieties. It belongs to kingdom plantae. Peppermint is cross between spearmint and water mint. Mentha longifera is a used in Iran in traditional medicine. It has various pharmacological properties. It has compounds like Boreol, methone, piperitenone, menthol and 1,8- cineole. Different part of plant has medicinal uses. Its essential oil contains monoterpenes. Now we are going to discuss its various medicinal properties and its health benefits herbal way.
- Mint helps to boost digestion and is very refreshing.
- Mint has very powerful antioxidants that helps to reduce spread of bacterial and fungal infections.
- Mint has anti-inflammatory properties that eases the inflammation.
- Essential oil present in mint has antibacterial properties.
- Breathing mint in aromatherapy helps to relieve congestion.
- Breathing mint helps to ease respiratory tract and cleans nose throat and bronchi and irritation caused by chronic cough.
- Refreshing aroma of mint cures headaches.
- Mint leaves can be used as breath freshener when used in mouthwash.
- Mint stimulate digestive enzyme that helps the nutrients get absorbed properly.
- Mint helps to increase the metabolism by drinking refreshing mint juice in water for few days until you feel better.
- Consuming mint increases alertness and cognitive functions.
- Mint is a traditional remedy to treat acnes and pimples. Because of presence of salicylic acid.
- Presence of antioxidants helps to prevent free radical activity and clears skin.
- Mint is excellent remedy to reduce nausea and morning sickness.
- Mints adaptogenic qualities regulate cortisol levels to reduce stress and natural resilience.
- Mint contains phytonutrients that reduce cellular damage caused by oxidative stress.
- Vitamin A helps to reduce risk of diseases like diabetes.
- And certain type of cancers by inhibiting enzymes that promotes tumors.
- It has antibacterial compounds that reduce food born diseases like diarrhea and stomachache.
- Menthol is used in ointments to relieve sneeze and common cold viruses to breathe easy.
- Mint has cooling effect on body, so it calms down mind and irritation.
I think I wrote article for today on mint that can be used as medicine and as culinary uses. I think I am going to write a good mint pesto recipe with parsley and caperberries in it with a hint of olive oil and lemon.
- 1 cup of mint leaves.
- Juice of 2 lemons.
- Salt one fourth of tablespoon.
- 2 tablespoons of caperberries.
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
Mix all the ingredients in a blender until they are mashed and consistency of pesto. Then eat it with your chips and your food and enjoy. I will see you guys tommorrow and write on another valuable vegetable called spinach that is very healthy and nutritious if eaten daily. see you guys in my blog.