Apple is the most edible fruit in the world. Apple tree originated in central Asia. Its scientific name is Malus domestica and family Rosaceae. Apples are grown for thousands of years in Asia and Europe then brought by colonists to north America. Apple contains lots of Vitamins necessary for metabolic processes. Vitamin C, Riboflavin and antioxidants and minerals like Magnesium, Sulphur, phosphorous and chlorine. Average 100 grams of apple contains recommended daily value of Vitamin C. Apple contains polyphenols and antioxidants. Apple fruit is very aromatic contains Esters, aldehydes and amino acids, linoleic acid, terpenoids. Now I am going to write about health benefits of apples. Apples also contains potassium and vitamin K, Vitamin B1 and B2 and B6, vitamin A and Vitamin E.
- Fiber present in apples are very beneficial for digestive health and may cure constipation.
- Apples lower the cholesterol level in the body like LDL and triglycerides.
- Eating an apple a day lower the risk of diabetes.
- Polyphenols present in apples help to prevent tissue damage in pancreas. Beta cells produce insulin that are often damaged in people with Type 2 diabetes.
- Apples have prebiotic effect on the body because of pectin present that is helpful for good bacteria in the gut.
- Antioxidants present in apples has anti-inflammatry effect on body helps to heal wounds and has cancer preventive properties.
- Antioxidants present in Apples helps to prevent oxidative damage in the lungs by regulating immune responses.
- Apple skins contains flavonoids quercetin which helps to regulate immune system.
- Calcium in apples helps to strengthen bone density.
- Apples helps to protect stomach injuries caused by allopathic medicines.
- Apple juice may help to preserve acetycholine neurotransmitter that helps to minimize brain decline because of aging.
- Drinking apple juice helps to lower cardiovascular disease and coronary health helps to get rid of plaque in the arteries.
- Apple helps to clear acnes, blemishes and dark spots.
- Vitamin E in apple helps to increase hydration by drinking lot of water and apple juice.
- Apple cider vinegar made from apples has many beneficial qualities for skin and heart health.
I think I wrote a nice very informative article on apples and their health benefits. I think now I am going to write apple juice drink recipe that is very healthy and calming on mind and body.
- 2 cups of apple cider.
- 1 cinnamon stick.
- 2 star anise.
Take 2 cups of apple cider and add cinnamon stick and star anise powder and warm it in microwave and leave it covered for an hour and then drink apple cider every day until you feel good and healthy. I think I am done with todays article on benefits of organic apples and all the ingredients that we used in are very nutritious apple drink that will help.