Today is Thursday. As usual I wake up in the morning and I took bath and did my meditation. Then I came downstairs to make organic healthy breakfast and cup of Irish tea with cardamom and fennel seeds. Then I make my breakfast and drink the tea we made. Then I went to my backyard near my pool and drink my tea. Then a big storm came in the afternoon with a lot of rain and I came inside. Weather outside turn cold and foggy. Then I decided to help my husband painting door and a wall in the garage. Then after drinking a cup of coffee I decided to write my blog about another Indian Spice name Ajwain or carom seeds. These seeds are originated in Asia and Persia regions. It is grown along the banks of rivers throughout Middle East, Asia and North Africa. It balances the sweet and savory dishes. It belongs to kingdom plantae. The scientific name of this plant is Trachyspermum ammi . Oleic acid, Thymbol, y- terpinene, p-cymene and xylene and palmitic acid, a terpinolene etc. It has great medicinal value and often used in Indian cooking. It has many health benefits. I am going to write some of the health benefits.
- Ajwain seeds has antioxidant properties to fight against bacterial infections because of thymbol and cavarol present in it.
- Ajwain seeds have antifungal properties that helps to reduce infections in the body that help to find against bacteria like E. coli and salmonella.
- When taken after meals everyday it helps to reduce triglyceride levels that is bad cholesterol in the body. It helps to reduce weight.
- It helps to reduce indigestion and increases digestion. It helps to cure ulcers produces by ibuprofen.
- When taken regularly it will help to reduce stomach pain and flatulence.
- It helps to reduce coughing by improving the air flow in the lungs. It is very effective against Asthma.
- It has anti- inflammatory properties helps to reduce swelling in the body.
- Ajwain seed extract helps to reduce arthritis when taken few days.
- Ajwain is very helpful in reducing nausea.
Now I am going to write about one of the tea recipes with ajwain that is extremely helpful in digestion after eating your food.
- 2 cups of water.
- 1 teaspoon of ajwain seeds.
- 2 tablespoons of organic honey.
Take a pot of water and put teaspoon of ajwain seeds in it then boil it for 5 minutes and cover the pot for 5 more minutes. After that pour cup of tea in a cup and add one teaspoon of honey in it. Make shore all the ingredients are organic. Then drink the tea slowly. It is delicious and extremely healthy. This tea will help to reduce stomachache and bloating. Drink this tea regularly for few days until you get relief. So see you guys next time until I figure out what is the next spice I will write about and share it with you guys.