Today is Wednesday and as usual I got up and took bath and did my meditation and came in the kitchen to make organic breakfast for me and a cup of Irish tea with organic fennel and cardamom and few cloves in it and it was delicious and I enjoyed my breakfast and then I decided to write my blog on another beneficial spice called asfoetida.
Asfoetida is native to central Asia, eastern Iran and Afghanistan. It is used in ayurvedic Indian medicine and in cooking. Even in early Mediterranean and Europe people used it in cooking and medicines. It is Wednesday is extracted from Tap root from a perennial plant. It is in the form of a gum resin collected from tap root of a plant named Ferula asfoetida. Typical Asfoetida contains almost 60% resin, 25% gum, oil, ash and ferulic acid, and contains compounds called asaresinotannols A and B. It contains minerals fiber and other unknown minerals. Its essential oil is greatly beneficial. Asfoetida as sulfurous odor. Now we are going to write about its medicinal value. This is the spice that has great medicinal and nutritional value.
- Use of asfoetida helps to reduce bloating and gas in the stomach.
- It helps to reduce regular headaches.
- Regular use of asfoetida helps in heart health by lowering the blood pressure.
- It helps to reduce menstrual pain if applied on the painful area.
- When used in cooking it helps to improve digestion. It increases the activity of digestive enzymes.
- It acts as laxative and improve stomach health.
- It is used to cure kidney stones in ayurvedic medicine.
- It has antioxidants that helps to reduce bacterial infections. It contains flavonoids and tannins that has excellent on infections.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties that helps to reduce swelling and amazingly effective against insect bites.
- It increases the release of liver enzyme called bile that helps in digestion.
- It has anti-fungal and properties that reduce fungal infection in the bodyand amazingly effective to cure certain disease. I am going to write a recipe with asfoetida that will make food delicious and very healthy for you.
- 1 cup of whole any kind of lentils
- 4 cups of water.
- Pinch of salt.
- Half cup of onions.
- Half tablespoon of organic turmeric powder
- One fourth tablespoon of chili pepper.
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
Take a cooker and put coconut oil and add onions and turmeric powder and a pinch of asfoetida powder in it. Add chopped onions and cook it for 3 minutes and add chopped half a cup of tomatoes then add lentils in it and recommended water and steam it until they.> are fully cooked and ready to eat and then add pinch of salt. Your soup is ready, and it is extremely healthy to eat. Eat your soup with any store bought organic whole grain bread. Enjoy it and reap its health benefits with a glass of fresh clean water. I think I am going to write about benefits of clean drinking water for healthy living in my next blog.