Today is Monday. After I woke up I took my bath and the came down stairs in the kitchen and I eat my organic cereal that I bought from the store and then I made organic tea for me and decided to work on my blog. Before that I went on the deck to see that how my plants are doing. I think they are doing great in a healthy organic way. Now we are going to write about another Indian healthy mustard seed plant that has great medicinal value. Mustard seeds goes back to ancient times. From ancient Mesopotamia to Sumarians and ancient India, middle east and Asia. It belongs to family Brassicaceae and its scientific name. Its scientific name is Brassica nigra. Its seeds are pressed to make mustard oil and and mustard leaves are eaten worldwide and prepared in very exquisite way for healthy eating. Mustard plants have beautiful yellow flowers. Mustard oil has pungent flavor and a compound called Isothiocyanates, and another one name glucosinolates, and Sulphur compounds. There is another species of white mustard seeds found in Euorpe used as condiment in culinary world. Mustard seeds also contain fiber, iron, Zn, Selenium, Phosphorous, niacin, protein, and antioxidants. We are going to discuss more mustard seeds benefits for healthy living.
- Antioxidants present in mustard oil can protect against asthma and other respiratory problems.
- The presence of phytochemicals and compounds like glucosinolates and mirosinase inhibit the growth of cancer cells.
- Mustard seeds helps to provide relief in arthritis problems.
- Applying mustard seeds oil on head helps to reduce headache. Helps in migraines.
- Using mustard seeds oil helps to improve digestion and increase metabolism because of dietary fiber in it.
- Nutrients present in mustard seeds helps to reduce cholesterol because of omega -3 in it.
- Massaging mustard seed oil helps to reduce dermatitis.
- Antioxidant glucosinolate has antifungal properties.
- Mustard oil has antiviral properties that helps to reduce infections.
- Use of mustard oil in daily routine helps to reduce colds and flu.
- Mustard seed oil has Anti-inflammatory properties that helps to reduce swelling and pain if applied on effected area.
- I am going to write a weight loss recipe using mustard seeds.
- 1 tablespoon of raw mustard seeds.
- Pinch of Himalayan salt.
Take a pot and add mustard seeds in it and boil it for 5 minutes then take it off the heat and cool it down and then add pinch of recommended Himalayan salt and lemon juice. Then stir the water and drink it everyday for 2 weeks and do you exercise routine everyday at least minimum for20 minutes and it will help to reduce weight and you will see how your health will get better. Eat healthy organic food, wake up on time do your exercise and your yoga drink plenty of clean water and eat healthy. Go out for walk daily with your dog if you have one you will see your health will get better day by day. I think I shared enough and now I will see you guys tomorrow until I found another healthy spice to write about and its medicinal value.