Today is Thursday. After taking bath and doing my meditation. I came down to make breakfast and my organic cup of tea with fennel and cardamom and cinnamon. After eating my breakfast, I went out in my backyard to drink my cup of tea. After sipping my tea then I went in my organic veggie patch and watered all my plants and my grapes. I came back and working on my next blog. Today I am going to write about my next spice called Star anise. Star anise is a tree native to Asia countries like Vietnam and southwest China. Star Anise is a seed of a evergreen tree. Scientific name of that tree is Lllicium verum belongs to family Schisandraceae belongs to kingdom Plantae. Anise seeds came from star shaped pods. It is a integral ingredient in Chinese and Indian cooking. Anise is used as a spice in cooking in America and several parts of Mexico and Caribbean. In Chinese and Indian Ayurvedic medicine Star Anise is used to treat many ailments. Star anise oil has many compounds like Thymbol, terpineol, anethole. Its essential oils are greatly beneficial for therapeutic purposes. some of the benefits of Star Anise are
- Star Anise is used to relieve many digestive ailments.
- Star Anise helps to reduce stomach cramps.
- Star Anise helps to improve digestion when used as a spice in cooking.
- It helps to reduce nausea and vomiting.
- It helps to relieve constipation, bloating and indigestion.
- Star anise oil has antioxidants in it that helps to reduce free radicals in the body.
- Star Anise is rich in minerals like vitamins A and C.
- Star Anise oil contains thymbol and terpineol and anethol that is used to treat cough and cold.
- Star Anise oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties.
- Star Anise has bioactive compounds that has tremendous nutritional and medicinal value.
- Star Anise oil helps to improve Acnes and skin problems by cleansing the pores. Star Anise water can be used as a toner to reduce the pores. It helps to reduce the wrinkles and tighten the skin.
- Massaging the Star Anise oil on Scalp helps to stimulate hair growth.
- Star Anise helps to increase the flow of milk during pregnancy.
Star Anise has a licorice like flavor and is used in cooking deserts
- and used a ingredient in Chinese five spice.
I am going to share a Chinese black tea recipe with Star anise and honey in it that is greatly beneficial in cold winter months. This tea has warming effect on body that will help to breath easily.
Star anise is rich in Vitamin B- complex that helps to balance hormonal level in the body affecting serotonin and adrenal hormones.
Now I am going to share Star anise tea recipe.
- 2 cups of water.
- 4-star anise pods.
- 2 tablespoons of organic honey.
Take a pot of water. Put 4 Star anise pods in water in a pot and boil it for five minutes by covering the pot then off the heat and let it simmer for five more minute then pour this water in a cup and add a teaspoon of honey. Mix the honey in the water and drink the anise tea we made. It will help to reduce congestion and cough and cleanse the throat. Make this tea and drink it every day until the symptoms are relieved. Now I am done writing for Today and I am going to write my next blog tomorrow and write about another beneficial herbal spice that is good for our body and has tremendous beneficial effects on our body. See you guys tomorrow.