Today is Saturday and as usual I woke up and after taking bath I came in the kitchen to make my breakfast and a cup of tea and after eating I went outside in my pool area and enjoyed my tea and the weather. Weather is turning little bit cooler and better and I enjoyed the sunshine today then I went to see my vegetable and watered them. After coming inside, we went to get sushi rice and seaweed from Korean store and came home and after a while I start writing my next blog. I think I am going to write about Amaranth seeds that are used as a grain from ancient times by Incas and Aztecs and a native crop to peru domesticated around 6000 to 8000 years ago. It belongs to genus Amaranthus and very high protein value. IT contains nutrients like calcium andiron contains macro nutrients like tocopherols, phenolic compounds, phytates and vitamins like Mn Mg and phosphorus. It also contains carbohydrates and lipids and iron. Now I am going to write health benefits of amaranth grain and its benefits for the people who wants to change their lifestyle to healthy alternatives.
- The oils and phytosterols are helpful in lowering cholesterol levels.
- The peptides present in amaranth oil help to reduce pain and inflammation.
- Antioxidants present in Amaranth helps to reduce risk of cancer.
- Amaranth grain is full of protein and Amino acids. Protein in amaranth seeds is more digestible then other grains.
- Lysin present in amaranth helps to produce energy by increasing the metabolism.
- High protein content present in it helps to reduce carbs by breaking fat cells into the body.
- Fiber present in it help to ease the constipation and bloating.
- Vitamins present in it helps to build bones and muscles.
- Carotenoids present in it helps to improve eyesight.
- Presence of folate present in it helps to reduce birth defects during pregnancy.
- Lysine present in amaranth grain is a rare amino acid that helps to strengthen hair follicles to improve hair health.
- Amaranth oil is used in shampoos to increase hair strength.
Overall amaranth is good and healthy alternative to other grains when eaten in moderation. It is used in making stews and soups and salads. Today I am going to write about another recipe including amaranth grain salad and good for eye health. In todays world amaranth is considered as super food for its healthy benefits for humans. Now I am going to write a unique amaranth grain recipe. Ingredients are listed below.
- Cup of diced purple onions.
- 1 cup of chopped tomatoes.
- Half cup of kalamata olives.
- Juice of 1 lemon.
- Pinch of Himalayan salt.
- 1 cup of Cooked amaranth grain.
Take a bowl and add all the ingredients listed above and mix all the salad ingredients and eat it and enjoy. It is light and healthy and good for you. I hope you guys like my salad recipe. See you guys next time with another healthy recipe.