Today is Friday. As usual I woke up in the morning. Then I take a bath and meditated. Then I came down made my organic breakfast and made Irish tea with cardamom, cinnamon, and fennel. Then I went out near my pool drink my tea by sipping it and enjoy the nature outside and beautiful warm weather. Last week we got a tropical storm and some of our patio table tiles flew away. My husband replaced them today with unique Spanish tiles and they look beautiful. I adore the craftsmanship they did and the Artist that used beautiful color and artwork on these tiles. Then we went outside to get some stuff for my kitchen. I savour my chocolate chip cookies with a cup of coffea me and my husband made. After that I went to see my front yard and took weeds and crabgrass out of my yard. Then I came inside to work on my next blog on another valuable spice name pippali and they call it long pepper. Its origin is in India. But it is adored for its spice value in Greece and Rome and even in Europa. Where it is even used to make medicines. Its scientific name is Piper Longum. It is a perennial plant found in hottest regions of Himalayas It belongs to kingdom Plantae. It has compounds name Piplartineis an alkaloid extracted from its roots. Another compound that found in it is saponins, carbohydrates and amygdalin. Almost 11 compounds are found in pippali. Phytochemicals found in pippali is amazingly effective against certain diseases. Some of the medicinal uses of Pippali in ayurvedic medicinal system is as listed below.
- Equal part organic ginger powder, Pippali powder, and little bit of black pepper is used to treat respiratory disorders.
- Tea of pippali and honey helps in treating colds and coughs.
- Pippali helps in curing cardiovascular diseases and strokes.
- Pippali powder has anti-inflammatory properties that helps in muscle spasms.
- It helps to treat allergies and sinus problems.
- If you add pippali powder in a little bit of water and smear it on painful area it helps to reduce pain.
- Taking pippali powder helps to reduce intestinal worms.
- It helps to reduce gas and acid reflux and intestinal disorders.
- Pippali oil has antioxidant properties in it that will help to boost the immune system and against foreign microbes and viruses.
- It helps to reduces liver diseases by protecting liver from fibrosis and helps to regenerate new liver cells.
- It has great nutritional value and helps to reduce toxins from the body.
- It helps to improves digestion and enhance the flavor of the food because it has peppery flavor.
- It has warming helps effect on the body helps to improve respiratory function.
- Pippali powder is also used as aphrodisiac.
- Pippali powder has antiaging properties. It is used in various nutritional supplements for longevity and flawless appearance.
Now I will share a nice spice mix made to enhance the flavor of yogurt that will help in digestion.
- 1 teaspoon of pippali powder.
- 1 teaspoon of roasted cumin powder.
- Pinch of Himalayan salt.
- Half tablespoon of black pepper.
Mix all the ingredients and put that mixture in a spice jar. Take a bowl of organic yogurt and add a pinch of spice mix in yogurt and eat that for few days to improve digestion. I think I wrote todays blog and I am happy about it. I will write about another excellent spice with great medicinal value tomorrow.