Today is Thursday. As usual I woke up in the morning took a bath and did my meditation then ate my healthy breakfast and I made cup of fennel and cardamom tea. I already posted a recipe in my previous blogs. I think today I am going to write about another spice with excellent medicinal value for human body. First, we are going to talk about its origin and history. In today’s world cloves comes from countries like Madagascar, Indonesia, and Sri Lanka. It is indigenous to islands of Indonesia. belongs to evergreen family Myrtaceae. small reddish-brown flower buds when dried are called cloves. Its scientific name is Syzygium aromaticum that is a Tropical tree. Major components of clove oil are m-Eugenol; Eugenol acetate,4- hydroxy-4-mehtylpentan-2-one Tyranton, caryophyllene and trace amounts of other constituents. Clove has a very aromatic flavor.
- Clove oil is derived from its leaves. It is used as food preservative, for its flavor and medicinal values for centuries. Eugenol oil present in it has great value in food, pharmaceutical, cosmetic and agriculture industries. Several benefits of cloves are listed below.
- Cloves have more antibacterial and antioxidant properties than most of the fruits. It has extremely high levels of polyphenols in it.
- Cloves has excellent antibacterial properties against many bacteria and viruses. It inhibits the growth of bacteria and pathogens.
- It is used as analgesic for toothache and joint pain.
- It is used as antispasmodic because of the presence of eugenol.
- It can be used as antiviral to treat certain type of viruses.
- Eugenol compound that is present in clove oil has decreased the size of tumors and melanoma.
- Clove oil can be consumed below 2mg per day to reduce neuropathic pains in the body.
- Clove oil can be used as insect repellent for certain species of agricultural pests and could be organic alternative to common pesticides.
- Clove oil is particularly good for respiratory conditions like cough and Asthma. Clove and honey tea is very effective in cases of colds and flues.
- When applied on head clove oil eases headaches.
- Using cloves in cooking helps to cure indigestion.
- Clove oil is used in Ayurveda and Chinese medicine from ancient times because of its medicinal value. Antioxidants present in clove oil kills free radicals, so it improves immune system effectively.
- Clove oil has stimulating effect on skin, it increases the blood circulation to revive old skin.
- Clove oil can be used in aromatherapy to ease nausea.
- Clove oil is amazingly effective to ease earaches when warm with few drops of sesame oil.
- Clove oil massage eases the stress, fatigue, mental exhaustion, anxiety and stress’.
- Clove oil helps to eliminate toxins from the body.
- Clove oil helps in diabetic patients.
Today I am going to write clove and ginger tea recipe with raw wild honey.
- 2 cups of water
- Half tablespoon of freshly grated ginger
- One fourth teaspoon of cloves
- 2 teaspoons of honey
Take a pot, put 2 cups of water in it and boil the water then add ginger, cloves in it. Cover the pot and let it brew for 5 minutes then take it of the heat. Pour it into cup and add teaspoon of organic honey. Mix it up and savor it. Enjoy it with homemade oatmeal cookies. You will be surprised that how good it tastes and beneficial for healthy living. But one thing is very important, to reap its full benefits, every ingredient we used should be natural and organic. Now I will share the benefits of some of the ingredients we used in making tea.
- Wild organic honey has powerful antibacterial properties to combat bacterial and viral diseases.
- Ginger is anti-inflammatory reduces in swelling, pain, nausea, and arthritis.
- As we know cloves has antibacterial and antioxidant properties.
All the ingredients we used have warming effect on the body. All these ingredients increase blood circulation, improves digestion, detoxify the whole system, improves overall health by boosting our immunity. See you guys in next blog and we will discuss another powerful spice that we can use in our daily life to get full benefits.