Today is Monday. As usual I woke up and did my yoga, came down made a healthy breakfast. After that made a healthy Cardamom and fennel tea with honey. I will share this recipe with you in a little while. I went in my backyard ti see how my organic veggies are growing. They are doing great. I got some red and green spinach leaves for my afternoon salad. On the way back I stopped and sit around my pool for few minutes to soak the beautiful sunshine we have Today. I can hear birds chirping on trees. Everything seems calm and relaxing. I called the local pantry to drop some food items for homeless and now I am in front of my computer sharing benefits of another excellent spice that is very good in lots of health issues.
Black cardamom is native to Eastern Himalayas, Nepal Bhutan, Sikkim and in west Bengal in India. Its belong to family Zingiberaceae and its scientific name is Roxb. Amomum sububulatum. It is a perennial herbaceous plant that grows from large rhizomes. The main compound present in it is 1,8-cineole. Cardamom oils contain -bio-molecules that contain Phytochemicals that show bio activity. It is used as a medicine in ancient India for many ailments. Even today it is used as a spice in certain recipes because of its health benefits and excellent taste and aroma. It is good for balancing your body. So health benefits of black cardamom are;
- Because of the presence of biochemicals it has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Black cardamom is excellent in cardiovascular diseases. It reduces the chances of developing blood clots and helps to control cardiac rhythm. So, it helps to control blood pressure.
- Black cardamom oil is also used in Aromatherapy gives awesome results when we rub it on effected area in pain by diluting it in the carrier oil. It can be used in headaches and other body pains by massaging the area.
- It is very good for relieving stress and fatigue and used as a sedative.
- Because of its antiseptic and antibacterial properties, it kills microbes that are harmful for us.
- It boosts our immunity to fight against viral and bacterial infections.
- It is full of antioxidants, potassium, and vitamin c.
- it detoxifies blood and improves blood circulation and cleanse the system from toxins.
- It makes skin youthful and healthier and it slows down the aging process.
- It is used as a remedy for dermatitis and skin allergies.
- Chewing on black cardamom is good for oral health, it cures bleeding gums, cures mouth odour and reduce swelling of gums.
- It cures Asthma and bronchial constrictions due to phlegm if taken every day.
- It is very good to cure sinus and seasonal pollen allergies.
- It is a digestive stimulant, helps in indigestion, constipation, and water retention.
- It boosts the metabolism, so it is a very good remedy for weight loss by burning fat.
- It nourishes the scalp and hair follicles and strengthens the hairs. It has antibacterial and helps to cure scalp infection.
- It has Anti-carcinogenic properties and has a powerful antioxidant glutathion that prevents growth of cancer cells.
- Black cardamom is very good for detoxifying the body by eliminating toxins and bad effects of alkaloids like too much of caffeine in the system.
So, overall black cardamom has a store house of benefits for our mind and body and cures lots of ailments if we use it regularly in our diet. I am going to share an easy tea recipe that you guys can use to get its benefits.
- 2 organic black cardamoms
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 cups of water
Take a tea kettle. Put 2 cups of water in it. Then take 2 organic black cardamom pods and crush them and add it to the boiling water. Cover the pot. Boil it for 10 minutes. Take it off the heat and keep it covered for 15 minutes. After that fill a cup with cardamom water. Add a spoonful of organic honey. Drink it everyday after breakfast. At least a week to see the results if you have cough, colds and sinus issues. You will be surprised how it improves overall digestive health along with it. Its taste is delicious. You will enjoy it and it tea is extremely beneficial. See you guys later. I will share another extremely beneficial spice and its benefits.