Today is Monday September 7. I woke up in the morning and took bath and then I came in the kitchen and made my healthy breakfast and a cup of tea then I ate my breakfast and went outside to drink my tea and after that I went to see what left in my veggie patch I got some baby tomatoes almost leftover then I came inside and decided to work on my blog so I can share my views about today’s healthy vegetable I choose to write about.
Kale in originated in eastern Mediterranean and Asia minor and it seems that it was cultivated around 2000 BC. Curly leaf varieties existed along with flat leaf varieties in Greece around 4th century. It is believed that ancient Greeks cultivated leafy greens first. There are cold and hot resistant varieties. It belongs to family brassica oleracea and variety acephala. It belongs to cabbage family and can be eaten raw or cooked. Scientific name is Brassica oleracea. It has lots of vitamins and minerals in it that are beneficial for human body. It has lots of compounds like beta-carotene, quercetin, iron, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B1, oMega-3 , Phosphorous, Protein, folate. Now we are going to write the health benefits and its nutritional value.
- Polyphenols present in are full of antioxidants that helps to boost immune system to fight against harmful bacteria and viruses.
- Kale helps to remove toxins from the body by detoxifying.
- Kale has highest amount of fiber that is very helpful in digestive health.
- It has antioxidants and Alpha-linolenic acid that helps to reduce blood sugar levels in the body of diabatic person.
- Recommended amount of potassium taken helps to reduce the symptoms of heart disease.
- Kale might prevent the risk of cancer by working on free radicals that are harmful for humans.
- Vitamin K can prevent risk of bone fracture.
- Presence of beta carotene helps to maintain healthy hairs.
- Vitamin C presence in kale helpful in clearing skin blemishes and minor skin irritations.
- Collagen present in kale is antiaging that increase the skin elasticity.
- Kale contains Lutein and zeaxanthin that helps to reduce macular degeneration and very good for eye health.
So, we discussed many benefits of kale for body and healthy lifestyle. I think I am going to write a kale juice recipe with a hint of garlic and little bit of salt in it.
- 4 cups of kale.
- 2 large tomatoes.
- A pinch of salt.
- Few garlic cloves.
- Blend it well in food processor and make a juice of it and drink it for few days until your system is fully detoxified and feel well nourished. I think I done today work and I will work on my next blog until I find another healthy and nutritious recipe for my next blog. Until then bye.